Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Minority

There's this tree near my house. It's a twig, basically, barely the size of a branch, and it's bright yellow-orange, the color of orange juice. The funny thing about it is that all the other trees around this one colorful one are dull and their leaves are gone. But this one just doesn't wanna let go.

I don't know. There's just something... I dunno, rebellious?, about this tree. The way all the leaves are still intact, while everything else is huddled close and shut up for the winter. This is what I think: If everyone did as they were told, did what was accepted, then we'd all be living in winter for the rest of our lives.

"A face in the crowd unsung, against the mold, without a doubt, singled out the only way I know." "Marching out of time to my own beat now, the only way I know." ""One light, one mind flashing in the dark, blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts."

8 comments:

  1. That is a good thing to wonder about. What if everything was just like everyone else. then we probably wouldnt even have the Oscars or Emmys because everyonne would be the same.No one would take that risk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trees seem to be very rebellious entities all around. Standin' there. Leaves changing color. Leaves falling off. Sometimes they fall down. They're just rebel-raisers, really.

    I liked the quotes at the end. De quienes son?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blog is always a good place to come if I want a little piece of insight on something... you have this special way of seeing everything. Not just seeing it, but I mean really seeing it. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, to think, that one little tree inspired another amazing post. Thank you, TREE! (: But if we all were to rebellious, we wouldn't ave seasons. Some in summer, others winter. It would be a mess. With rules and rebellion, there needs to be a balance. That tree gives it to us. (: X's and O's, Hannah. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like these :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what you can see by just looking at a tree. Thanks for sharing :) I love this post.
    And I love trees. ♥
    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete