Sunday, October 10, 2010

...

To me, painting and art in general is another world for me to explore, to touch and make my own. I love just sitting around, the radio blasting in the background (for some reason when I draw, only tropical-y music is good. Or some classic rock), I feel nothing except my fingers warming up under the pressure against the paper. I don't feel worried. My brain's not going at a hundred miles an hour. All I care about is what I'm drawing or painting. I love the rich smell of the oil paints on my pallet and the presise line an ebony pencil can make. If I didn't have any love or skill to write, I think I would marry a paintbrush. Or even a pencil. I think that when you love something that much, that you'd be willing to do whatever it is for four hours straight, it has to be a good thing.
Right?

8 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely a good thing! It would be awesome if sometime you uploaded photos of your artwork to your blog.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francesca- that's a good idea! i might just do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was wonderful! I love art too, but I feel nothing quite so poetic about it. Ebony pencil markings smudged all over my fingers. Paper that refuses to stop wrinkling and sliding on the table. An eraser that makes the spot more grimy than it was before I "erased" it. Not so romantic, huh?

    I agree with Ms. Francesa. I'd love to see the actual art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the people above, I'd love to see some of your art too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about writing...<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you describe things, you truly are an amazing poet, and I'm almost positive that you are also an amazing artist. You BETTER upload some of your pictures you drew, or I will literally die! Lolz. Lots of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good thing. I like the sound of the pencil scratching a piece of paper, because I know a new world is being created.

    I think teachers should appreciate that everyone is an artist, and that math homework is not necessary. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a good thing.
    You write beautifully.



    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete