Friday, December 17, 2010

Yeah, You Did

I got this award from Melanie (Purple Lab). And yes, you did tell me :) (Ha ha, and no, you're not annoying me. I love persistent people! I'm one of 'em.) And if you're reading this, I award...
That Blond Guy (The Nerd Archives),
Cassidy (The saga of amother American Tweenager),
and ching (the audacity effect).
You guys got awarded because you're awesome followers and always have something to say that gets me thinking. Thanks.
And now, I have a story to tell...
I saw him today in the hall last period
face flushed
smile brilliant
and a little bit more to his step.
Me walking by
head bent low
keeping to the ground
just to make it past.
He's talking it up
with a little bit more to his step
and that same brilliant smile
that gives me the chills.
Only...
he's rough
and mean
and thoughtless
and ruthless
and shifty
and everything else in between.
Who are you?,
my voice doesn't let these chains subside
just a bit.
Not even so I can
clear my throat
stand a bit taller
and look him
in the
eye.
Because I'm just a girl
just a poor little girl
who's still
thirteen
and shy
and scared
and thoughtful
and innocent
and everything else in between.
He's laughing it up
with her now
and that same smile that once
was for me
and that bit in his step that
gives me the chills.
Iced to my marrow,
I'm done with him
and walking away
unable to be seen.

2 comments:

  1. God, this is just gorgeous. Believe me, I feel exactly the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sixteen
    and shy
    and scared
    and thoughtful
    and innocent
    and everything else in between.

    This situation- story of my [high-school] life. And even though the situation stinks, that's a great poem, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete