Q: Would you give up straight hair forever to live by the ocean?
Every year we go up to Maine at least once to have lunch at the beach and swim and stuff like that. And I seriously could live there. I love the feeling of the grainy sand crunching against my toes, the smell of seaweed, the heavy gust of wind that wash over your arms and legs, the seagulls that can be naggy, but in a goo way. I love not caring about my hair, or makeup, or anything like that. I've made up my mind. That's where I want to live. Period. I know the town like the back of my hand, and if I squeeze my eyes shut tight enough, I can see the lighthouse and the rocks my little brother and I love to climb on. I'll be there soon...real soon. "Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go..."
So, if I ever do live there, here are the requirements of my house (I expect a lot more than I should, but that's okay. I'm fine with being a dreamer)
1. It needs to be on the ocean (like I can see it outside my bedroom window)
2. I would like a big bay window, or just a huge window, in my room, which will be lilac-colored
3. My office (for writing my novels) will be a warm yellow, and I'll have a huge window in there, too. One wall will be painted black, the kind of paint that you can write on like a chalkboard. How cool is that??? I will write my story ideas down on that wall, and erase them when I please :)
4. My driveway will be made of violet and white seashells (you can really have that, my great aunt did)
5. All the doorknobs in the house will be the glass kind
6. Endless black tea boxes and salt-water taffy (maybe the taffy) in the kitchen for me!!! Yay :)
Well, those are all the musts. So far.